Saturday, November 20, 2010

Music and stuff.

There is nothing quite as theraputic as ripping up old letters while listening to the wonderful Mr. Adam Lazzara and Taking Back Sunday :)
although i temporarily feel like i'm 17 again every time i listen to them. :)
First song i ever learned to play on the guitar was "Makedamnsure" sadly i probably don't remember how to play it anymore... Except for the bit "we lie we lie together just not too close, too close" other than that.. I fiiirgot it. Although i was never really that good at playing guitar. I never practiced and i hate following music. Christi prefers to play by ear! Which is probably why i found the violin and the harmonica so much easier. Cus you just use your brain and figure out what each string sounds like... Then you pretty much know what'll come out depending on where you put your fingers. With the guitar... Eets not so simple... Although i still would like to master my baby


I remember the christmas i got that guitar! All pretty and blue and wonderful. And it matched my drum kit perfectly! I was so excited :) i think i've missed that alot over this few months. Making music. I haven't played a musical instrument since i've been here. Not even the piano. Sad. Next time i go away i'm for sure bringing some sort of instrument with me... Harmonica's nice and small.... So's my violin... Drums and the guitar'd be a little harder to kart around hahaha. It's kinda weird when i think about how much a part of my life music is. Like when my wall was pretty much wall papered with posters of fall out boy, taking back sunday, avenged sevenfold, paramore, the used, and other awesomeness... I kinda miss being like some crazed fan and having posters everywhere.... Good thing i saved them all hehehe



I love how just waking up to the right song can make like your whole day awesome...
Or at least trick you into thinking that it's gonna be amazing and so you act accordingly... I love it.
Or having that song that you like to drive to when you're pissed off... And you just wanna listen to it super super loud. Awesomeness... Although sometimes depending on the song you end up driving far faster than the speed limit allows.... I'm guilty. I needs me a track to drive around. Nothing feels better than i good drive!! Or beating someone in a race home... Hehehe especially if they've been driving like at least 10 years longer than you... Although the fact that you're driving a bmw and them a corolla... Kinda evens the playing field haha... But still nothing beats a good drive to some good music :)


I guess that's something to look forward to when i get back to ireland... Although Christi will try to keep the speed limit this time lol no really i will.... M'kay
bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment